Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Views From The Front Desk

A few years ago, when I was a patient of Doctor Horney's, I decided to leave my domestic bliss and try to get a job.  I wanted a relatively stress-free part-time position in a small office.  After a few weeks of listening to me gripe about trying to get a job in a recession, he asked if I wanted a job at Port Jefferson Chiropractic.  Of course I did!

My view from the front desk changes every day.  On some days, when patients come to us in pain, it is a subdued place of healing.  Other days, when a patient or one of the staff has a funny story or joke it is an exuberant place to be!  Every day it is a peaceful, healing place to be a part of.

It is wonderful to want to come to work.  The staff is truly unique and exceptional.  Doctor Horney has over 30 years of experience, as does Doctor Curcio. Both are a pleasure to work with.  Laura is a motivating font of knowledge who keeps us happily moving into the future.  Christine and Alice are the backbone of our office.  (Pardon the chiropractic pun!) Both wonderful ladies make the office a place that I look forward to. Marisa, of Touch of Health Massage Artistry, is a special person who is the best massage therapist that I have ever been a client of.  I will touch on these amazing people in future blog posts.
Over the last few years, I have taken advantage of the many sides of the office.  I have had many massages, a practice that I highly recommend for stress and pain relief.  In fact, I think I may be addicted.  I get my back and neck adjusted when I start to feel like I need it.  When my lower back acts up, I am treated to moist heat on my back and neck and ultrasound on my lower back.  This blissful 20 minutes happens when I am at work and it is a nice peaceful break.  I use the Metagenics products.  I take vitamins/minerals, fish oil and I am a fan of the meal replacement shakes.  I will admit that I need to be more consistent with these supplements.  Maybe you can remind me when you see me! ;) Both Andrew, my husband, and I have custom-made orthotics.  These have made a difference in our posture and help us when walking/jogging at the gym.  The best part of all is that I have made friends with my co-workers and our wonderful patients.  I look forward to everyones' stories and jokes.  (Especially Doctor Curcio's jokes!)  My motto is Relax and try to Laugh at least once a day.

-Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment