Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hypnosis

Doctor Horney is a Certified Hypnotist.  Hypnotism is one of those things that most people don't think about.  I certaintly didn't give it a chance until I met a hypnotist that I trusted. (Dr. H) This past summer, I asked Doctor Horney to help me through hypnosis.  I wanted to stop craving certain foods and to put wellness in the forefront of my thinking.  I was tired of the "I shouldn'ts".  I was tired of trying to force myself to make healthy choices.  I wanted my healthy choices to come naturally.  I spoke about this with him at length and then I underwent the hypnosis.

I laid down with a comfy pillow under my head on the table in room three (my favorite table).  I listened to Dr. Horney walk me through some steps to relaxing.  I pictured an escalator bringing me to my peaceful place.  In my case, my peaceful place is my backyard.  Even though I was awake and aware the entire time, I was very relaxed.



I heard Doctor Horney telling me that my health is important and my choices are good for me.  I heard him tell me that I would enjoy food and wine more if I savored it.  I heard him tell me that I am happy and relaxed and my future choices will be healthful.  At a certain point, I felt like he was speaking to me from another room.  Then I took the escalator back to the here and now.  What a relaxing experience!

After that I learned that I could go back to that peaceful place in my mind with mindful breathing and thinking.  This helps to solidify the experience.

Did it work for me?  Overall, I feel that it did.  I make easier choices about food and lifestyle.  It is a nice feeling to leave behind guilt driven motivations for an easier existence.  Do I still make unhealthy choices? Sure, but because I want to.  Not because I feel compelled.  Sometimes I still eat and drink too much, but not as often as I used to.  Overall, I am more relaxed and that is what I want in my life.

- Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment