Monday, May 2, 2011

Doctor Michael Horney Helps and Heals


Doctor Michael Horney Helps and Heals His Friends and Family.  The following are three testimonials that are especially close to Dr. Horney's heart.

Barry:

I’ve known Doctor Horney all of his life.  I was recovering from a gallbladder operation in a hospital in Florida when I began to experience severe back pain.  The Doctors at the hospital said it was back spasms and prescribed high doses of various pain medications, anti-imflammatories and muscle relaxants.  It just wasn’t getting any better after several days.  Finally, I called Doctor Horney to ask for his opinion.  Although I had no fever and my Doctor at the hospital said that my blood work did not show any signs of an infection, Doctor Horney suggested that I get an MRI to rule out an infection of the spinal bones or disks.
 
The Doctors at the hospital would not order an MRI because they said I had no signs of infection.
 
Doctor Horney said that even though I had no fever and negative blood work, the severe pain I was experiencing in my back despite all the medication I was taking for the pain made him suspicious of a bone infection which can happen after a surgical procedure.
 
He suggested that I check out of the hospital and go to the emergency room, explain my symptoms and the ER Doctor would most likely order the MRI.  I did just that.
 
They took the MRI.
 
They diagnosed osteomyelitis of the spine and I was on IV antibiotics in a nursing home for 6 weeks.   I could have died.
 
Doctor Horney explained to me that despite testing, you always have to listen to the patient.  Tests are not infallible.  Doctor Horney listened and accurately diagnosed my condition over the phone, when the Doctors in the hospital would have released me and let me go home.
 
By the way, Doctor Horney is my brother.
 
 
Phyllis:
 
I’ve known Doctor Horney for 37 years.
 
A routine lab test came back with mildly elevated calcium in my blood.  My Doctor, who is very good, suggested that it was most likely due to the calcium supplement that I was taking.
 
When I showed the lab results to Doctor Horney he suggested that although it could be from the calcium supplements, calcium is very narrowly regulated in the blood and checking the parathyroid levels might be a good idea.
 
Although I had no symptoms, I went and had lab work to evaluate my parathyroid hormones.
 
It turns out that they were abnormally high.
 
Further follow-up showed a benign parathyroid tumor which had to surgically removed.
 
If I had not been diagnosed and treated at that time I may have developed osteoporosis and kidney stones.
 
I’m grateful to Doctor Horney to this day. 
 
By the way, Doctor Horney is my husband!
 
- Phyllis E. Radin


Laura:

I went to Doctor Horney to have my neck checked out.  He said he saw and felt what appeared to be a cyst or a nodule on my thyroid.
 
He suggested that I see my family Doctor.  My family Doctor did not see or feel what Doctor Horney did.
 
Doctor Horney was certain that he saw and felt a cyst or a nodule on my thyroid upon reexamining me and suggested that I see an Endocrinologist.
 
The Endocrinologist examined me, did some follow-up studies, sonograms etc. and sure enough, I had a solitary nodule on my thyroid that was treated with medication for a few years at which time it eventually resolved.
 
My name is Laura Farr.  I’ve worked with Doctor Horney for close to 25 years, as his office manager.
 
He’s a great diagnostician as well as a great Chiropractor and a wonderful person to work with,
 
- Laura Farr, Office Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment