Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Patient Spotlight - Janice Fleishman-Eaton


I am an Adult Health Nurse Practitioner currently working in the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgey at Stony Brook University Medical Center.  Since becoming an NP in October 2008, I have had many different job experiences and have found that giving Primary Care was the most rewarding, although I would prefer to have had more time to talk to my patients about what their health concerns were. 

During most of my thirty years as a Registered Nurse I worked with cardiac patients and did alot of patient teaching.  Heart disease, particularly coronary heart disease is the #1 killer in this country.  In the late 1990's I began coordinating our Cardiac Education Program at SBUMC and was part of the American Heart Association Speaker Community Outreach.

I believe that people need the tools to take control of their health.  Education is a very powerful tool.

I am excited to be a part of a health care and wellness group as caring and professional as Marisa Chadbourne, MT and Michael Horney, DC.


Janice also has a testimonial about Port Jefferson Chiropractic:

I have been seeing Michael as my chiropractor for 23 years.  I have had lower back degenerative disease since my mid 20's.  Stress has also put my back and neck out of alignment.  I find relief from pain at every visit to Port Chiropractic.  Michael personalizes my treatment, treats me gently, and gives me all the information that I ask for to help me understand what is happening and to help myself get better.  I continue to do yoga, walking, biking and gardening.  If I am not outside breathing in fresh air and sunshine, I am craving it.  I am very grateful to have a health care and wellness provider who has an office that is so welcoming and healing.  Thank you to Michael and his wonderful staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment